Except where otherwise specified, we, BF Aviation Limited t/a Directline Flight, of 20 Southend Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 1SD act only as an agent in respect of all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf. We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any flights or other services you purchase (“Flight Booking”) or for the acts or omissions of any airline supplier or operator of the aircraft (“Supplier/Principal”) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any Flight Booking. For all Flight Booking, your contract will be with the Supplier/Principal of the Flight Booking in question. When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the applicable Supplier/Principal of the Flight Booking. Your booking with us is subject to these Agency Terms and Conditions and the specific booking conditions of the relevant Supplier/Principal you contract with and you are advised to read both carefully prior to booking. The Supplier/Principal’s booking conditions may limit and/or exclude the Supplier/Principal's liability to you. Copies of applicable conditions are available on request from us.
By making a booking with us, you agree that you:
1. have read these Agency Terms & Conditions and agree to be bound by them;
3. are over 18 years of age and where placing an order for services with age restrictions you declare that you and all members of your party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
4. accept financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
• Service Fee: we charge a service fee for every booking of between £10pp and £25pp (depending on the price of the Flight Booking) to cover our costs as booking agent. This has been included in the total cost and is clearly itemised in the price panel on the booking page.
• Baggage: Hand baggage is included in the advertised price. If you wish to add hold baggage for an additional charge and haven't already done so, you can do this directly with the airline, or with our assistance.
• Cancellation: Our service fees are strictly non-refundable in the event of cancellation. We strongly recommend that you take travel insurance before booking, as it may offer you some compensation should you need to cancel.
1. Your Contract:
Your contract for the Flight Booking shall always be with the Supplier/Principal concerned and we act as a booking agent at all times. You will be entering into a contract directly with the airline concerned and you will be subject to their terms and conditions which you must refer to on the relevant airline’s website. Please note that we will use our lodged card to pay for your booking directly with the airline and we will then request the payment from you. We will send you a booking confirmation on behalf of the airline, showing the price charged by the airline for the flight as well our service fee.
Please note that when you book directly with the airline your booking won’t usually be ATOL protected by the airline but will be ATOL protected under Directline Flights’ ATOL if you receive an ATOL Certificate from us.
2. Your Flight Protection: we act in the following capacities, when making a Flight booking:
a) Flight-Only Ticket Fully Paid Exemption: for the vast majority of bookings when making your booking with the Supplier/Principal, we will make full payment of the cost of the Flight Booking to the airline operator (being the Supplier/Principal) at the time you make your booking, and the Supplier/Principal shall issue you with a confirmed ticket for your Flight Booking, which we shall pass on to you immediately upon receipt by the Supplier/Principal. This includes (but is not limited to) all bookings with Aer Lingus, Blue Air, easyJet, Flybe, Norwegian, Ryanair, Thomson and Thomas Cook. The CAA exempts these bookings from ATOL protection, because the airline has already been paid. Your booking will not be ATOL protected and we shall clearly mark this on your confirmation invoice.
b) ATOL protected flights: for certain Flight Bookings, we may protect your Flight Booking under our ATOL (No. 10880). This means that your Flight Booking is ATOL protected under our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 10880, issued by the Civil Aviation Authority, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex, RH6 0YR, UK, telephone 0333 103 6350, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you book an ATOL protected flight through us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists the flight and/or other services that are financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. For further information, visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk. The price of our ATOL protected flights includes the amount of £2.50 per person as part of the ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) we pay to the CAA. This charge is included in our service fee. Not all flight or travel services offered and sold by us will be protected by the ATOL Scheme.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL Scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
c) ATOL Agency Bookings: occasionally, we act as an agent on behalf of another ATOL holder and your Flight Booking will therefore be protected under that ATOL holder’s ATOL, not ours. We will make this clear on the confirmation invoice and ATOL certificate you receive for this Flight Booking.
2. Booking and payment: In order to book your chosen Flight Booking, you must make full payment at the time of booking. You must also pay all applicable insurance premiums and service fees. Your booking is confirmed and a contract between you and the Supplier/Principal will exist when we send you confirmation on their behalf.
Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to us immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport. As we act only as booking agent, we have no responsibility for any errors in any documentation except where an error is made by us.
Except where otherwise advised or stated in the booking conditions of the Supplier/Principal concerned, all monies you pay to us for Flight Booking will be held on behalf of the Supplier/Principal and forwarded on to the Supplier/Principal in accordance with our agreement with the Supplier/Principal.
3. Ticketing: Your confirmed tickets (where applicable) and any other documents relating to your booking will be sent by email to the email address which you give us at the time of booking.
Please note that two airlines may share the same services, therefore a flight may not be operated by the airline whose designated code is shown on your itinerary and ticket.
4. Prices: We reserve the right to amend advertised prices at any time. We also reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. Special note: changes and errors sometimes occur. You must check the price of your chosen Flight Booking at the time of booking.
5. Insurance: You are strongly recommended to take out personal travel insurance for all members of your party. Some Supplier/Principals require that you do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you.
6. Special requests: If you have any special requests (for example, airport assistance), please let us know at the time of booking. We will pass on all such requests to the Supplier/Principal, but we can't guarantee that they will be met and we will have no liability to you if they are not.
7. Changes and Cancellations by you: Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing, by email to email@example.com and must be made by the person who made the original booking, and will take effect at the time we receive it. Your e-mail must contain both your Directline Flight Booking AND airline booking references which you can find on your booking confirmation email. Please ensure that you have received written confirmation of any changes to your booking prior to travel. Whilst we will try to assist, we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met. Amendments and cancellations can only be accepted in accordance with the booking conditions of the Supplier/Principal of your Flight Booking. The Supplier/Principal may charge the cancellation or amendment charges shown in their booking conditions (which may be as much as 100% of the cost of the Flight Booking and will normally increase closer to the date of departure). Please note that in the event of cancellation, our service fee will not be refunded.
Please note: some Supplier/Principals do not allow changes and therefore full cancellation charges will apply.
8. Changes and Cancellations by the Supplier/Principal: We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if the Supplier/Principal needs to make a significant change to your confirmed Flight Booking or to cancel them. We will also liaise between you and the Supplier/Principal in relation to any alternative Flight Booking offered by the Supplier/Principal, but we will have no further liability to you.
9. Airline Refund Procedures: Some airlines take up to 15 working days to process a refund. We will forward that refund to the card used to make the booking, within 5 working days of receipt. If you have spoken directly to the airline you must contact us, so we can identify and process the payment when we receive it.
10. Our responsibility for your booking: Your contract is with the Supplier/Principal and its booking conditions apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for the actual provision of the Flight Booking. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the Flight Booking that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of the service fee we earned on your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
11. Visa, passport and health requirements: Unless you tell us otherwise, we are entitled to assume that all members of your party are British citizens who hold or will hold full British passports valid for the entire duration of the Flight Booking you chose to purchase. Information on visa, passport and health requirements, where given and applicable, is so given on this basis. Requirements may change and you are therefore strongly recommended to check the up to date position with the supplier of the Flight Booking, Passport Office, appropriate embassy or consulate or your doctor as applicable in good time before departure.
12. Complaints: Because the contract for your Flight Booking is between you and the Supplier/Principal, any queries or concerns about your Flight Booking should be addressed to them. If you have a problem with your Flight Booking whilst using them, this must be reported to the Supplier/Principal immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure, there will be less opportunity for the Supplier/Principal to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may therefore be reduced or extinguished as a result.
If you wish to complain when you return home, write to the Supplier/Principal. You will see their name and contact details in any confirmation documents we send you. If you contact us, we will act as a liaison between you and the Supplier/Principal, to try to assist in resolving the problem. If we cannot help and you wish to take matters further, you must contact the Supplier/Principal directly.
If you wish to complain about any service we have provided to you (i.e. our booking service) then please contact us directly.
13. Law and Jurisdiction: These Agency Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claims or matters arising from them (unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case you can bring proceedings in your local court under Scottish or Northern Irish law, as applicable).