Except where otherwise specified, we, BF Aviation Limited t/a Directline Flight, of 20 Southend Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 1SD act only as an agent in respect of all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf. We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any flights or other services you purchase ("Flights") or for the acts or omissions of any airline supplier or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any arrangements. For all arrangements, your contract will be with the supplier of the Flights in question (the ‘Supplier/Principal’). When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the applicable Supplier/Principal of the Flights. Your booking with us is subject to these Agency Terms and Conditions and the specific booking conditions of the relevant Supplier/Principal you contract with and you are advised to read both carefully prior to booking. The Supplier/Principal’s booking conditions may limit and/or exclude the Supplier/Principal's liability to you. Copies of applicable conditions are available on request from us.
By making a booking with us, you agree that you:
1. have read these Agency Terms & Conditions and agree to be bound by them;
3. are over 18 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom and where placing an order for services with age restrictions you declare that you and all members of your party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
4. accept financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
• Service Fee: we charge a service fee for every booking of between £10pp and £25pp (depending on the price of the flights) to cover our costs as booking agent. This has been included in the total cost and is clearly itemised in the price panel on the booking page.
• Baggage: Hand baggage is included in the advertised price. If you wish to add hold baggage for an additional charge and haven't already done so, you can do this just underneath the passenger names above.
• Cancellation: Our service fee and any credit card charges are strictly non-refundable in the event of cancellation. We strongly recommend that you take travel insurance before booking, as it may offer you some compensation should you need to cancel.
1. Where we act as your agent: When making a booking with most ‘no frills’ or low cost airlines we are acting as your agent to find flights for you, on terms to suit you. At the time of booking, we will inform you if we are acting in this capacity. In relation to such bookings, you appoint us to source those flights on your behalf. You will be entering into a contract directly with the airline concerned and you will be subject to their terms and conditions which you must refer to on the relevant airline’s website. Please note that we will use our lodged card to pay for your booking directly with the airline as your agent and we will then request the payment from you. We will send you a booking confirmation on behalf of the airline, showing the price charged by the airline for the flight as well our service fee for acting as your agent in making this booking. Please note that when you book direct with the airline your booking won’t usually be ATOL protected by the airline but may be ATOL protected under Directline Flights’ ATOL if you receive an ATOL Certificate from us.
We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any low cost flight services or the acts or omissions of any airline. For all ‘no frills’ flight arrangements, your contract will be with the airline in question. Your booking for ‘no frills’ flights is subject to this clause and the specific booking conditions of the relevant airline we source for you and you are advised to read both carefully prior to booking. By making a booking for which we are acting as your agent, you agree to the terms of this clause.
Please Note: For all other flights you book through us (e.g. charter flights), we act as agent for the charter flight provider. The contract will be between you and the charter flight provider.
Please read these Agency Terms & Conditions for further information on the above points.
2. Booking and payment: In order to book your chosen Flights, you must make full payment at the time of booking. You must also pay all applicable insurance premiums, service fees and credit card charges. Your booking is confirmed and a contract between you and the Supplier/Principal will exist when we send you confirmation on their behalf.
Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to us immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport. As we act only as booking agent, we have no responsibility for any errors in any documentation except where an error is made by us.
Except where otherwise advised or stated in the booking conditions of the Supplier/Principal concerned, all monies you pay to us for Flights will be held on behalf of the Supplier/Principal and forwarded on to the Supplier/Principal in accordance with our agreement with the Supplier/Principal.
3. Ticketing: Your tickets (where applicable) and any other documents relating to your booking will be sent by email to the email address which you give us at the time of booking. Provided we have received payment for the total cost of the flight(s), we will email your tickets to you at least 2 weeks prior to departure.
Please note that two airlines may share the same services, therefore a flight may not be operated by the airline whose designated code is shown on your itinerary and ticket.
4. Prices: We reserve the right to amend advertised prices at any time. We also reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. Special note: changes and errors sometimes occur. You must check the price of your chosen Flights at the time of booking.
5. Insurance: You are strongly recommended to take out personal travel insurance for all members of your party. Some Supplier/Principals require that you do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you.
6. Special requests: If you have any special requests (for example dietary requirements ), please let us know at the time of booking. We will pass on all such requests to the Supplier/Principal, but we can't guarantee that they will be met and we will have no liability to you if they are not.
7. Changes and Cancellations by you: Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be made by the person who made the original booking, and will take effect at the time we receive it. Your e-mail must contain both your Directline flights AND airline booking references which you can find on your booking confirmation email. Please ensure that you have received written confirmation of any changes to your booking prior to travel. Whilst we will try to assist, we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met. Amendments and cancellations can only be accepted in accordance with the booking conditions of the Supplier/Principal of your Flights. The Supplier/Principal may charge the cancellation or amendment charges shown in their booking conditions (which may be as much as100% of the cost of the Flights and will normally increase closer to the date of departure). Please note that in the event of cancellation, our service fee and any applicable credit card fees will not be refunded.
Please note: some Supplier/Principals do not allow changes and therefore full cancellation charges will apply.
8. Changes and Cancellations by the Supplier/Principal: We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if the Supplier/Principal needs to make a significant change to your confirmed Flights or to cancel them. We will also liaise between you and the Supplier/Principal in relation to any alternative flights offered by the Supplier/Principal but we will have no further liability to you.
9. Airline Refund Procedures: Some airlines take up to 15 working days to process a refund. We will forward that refund to the card used to make the booking, within 5 working days of receipt.
10. Our responsibility for your booking: Your contract is with the Supplier/Principal and its booking conditions apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for the actual provision of the Flights. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the Flights that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of the service fee we earned on your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
11. Visa, passport and health requirements: Unless you tell us otherwise, we are entitled to assume that all members of your party are British citizens who hold or will hold full British passports valid for the entire duration of the Flights you chose to purchase. Information on visa, passport and health requirements, where given and applicable, is so given on this basis. Requirements may change and you are therefore strongly recommended to check the up to date position with the supplier of the Flights, Passport Office, appropriate embassy or consulate or your doctor as applicable in good time before departure.
12. Complaints: Because the contract for your Flights is between you and the Supplier/Principal, any queries or concerns about your Flights should be addressed to them. If you have a problem with your Flights whilst using them, this must be reported to the Supplier/Principal immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity for the Supplier/Principal to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may therefore be reduced or extinguished as a result.
If you wish to complain when you return home, write to the Supplier/Principal. You will see their name and contact details in any confirmation documents we send you. If you contact us, we will act as a liaison between you and the Supplier/Principal, to try to assist in resolving the problem. If we cannot help and you wish to take matters further, you must contact the Supplier/Principal directly.
If you wish to complain about any service we have provided to you (i.e. our booking service) then please contact us directly.
You can access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.chooseLanguage
13. Law and Jurisdiction: These Agency Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claims or matters arising from them (unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case you can bring proceedings in your local court under Scottish or Northern Irish law, as applicable).
14. ATOL Protection: We provide financial security for flight-only bookings, (with the exception of any EasyJet flights), by way of our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence (ATOL) with the Civil Aviation Authority under ATOL number 10880.
When you book a flight through us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists the flight and/or other services that are financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. For further information, visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk. The price of our ATOL protected flights includes the amount of £2.50 per person as part of the ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) we pay to the CAA. This charge is included in our service fee. Not all flight or travel services offered and sold by us will be protected by the ATOL Scheme. ATOL protection extends primarily to customers who book and pay in the United Kingdom.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL Scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.