• The majority of flights from the UK head for Tokyo Narita Airport or Tokyo Haneda Airport.
• The lowest fares are usually from London Heathrow. Airlines with the cheapest deals frequently include British Airways, Japan Airlines, Sri Lankan Airlines, China Eastern. and All Nippon Airways (ANA).
• There is usually quite a significant increase in price from other London airports but it is worth investigating flights from London Gatwick, London Stansted and London City Airport. The lowest fares are frequently with Etihad, Emirates, Korean Air, Lufthansa and Turkish Airlines, Air China, Korean Air, KLM, Lufthansa and All Nippon Airways.
• Flying from regional airports will add more to the price of your ticket. The cheapest departure airports outside London is often Edinburgh, followed by Newcastle, Glasgow International and Manchester. Airlines worth investigating include British Airways, Lufthansa, KLM, Air France, United, Emirates, Aeroflot, Singapore Airlines and All Nippon Airways.
• The lowest fares are with airlines operating indirect flights. Direct flights will cost quite a bit more. Airlines with direct flights include British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Swiss and japan Airlines.
Haneda Airport (also known as Tokyo International Airport) is 14km from Tokyo city centre. Mostly handles domestic Japanese routes but some international routes have started to the UK.
Handless the majority of international flights and is normally the cheaper of the two Tokyo airports from the UK. 60km from central Tokyo.